High levels of complexity, many moving parts, multiple stakeholders and a liberal dose of intense pressure; it is any wonder major/mega project delivery is an art, not a science.
Major project delivery requires carefully nuanced:
- Risk identification and management
- Robust project governance system design, processes and implementation
- Commercial due diligence
- Intelligent commercial negotiation, on a best-for-project basis
- Risk allocation and incentive design
- Preparation of suitable contract documentation
- Best-for-project contract administration
- Proactive issues management
- Audit and assurance to ensure value for money
- Relationship management
- Informal and formal dispute resolution
Our team has worked on some of the largest and most complex projects in the country, often on a fully embedded basis. Our experience spans most sectors, including aviation, mining, oil & gas, public infrastructure, commercial, residential and mixed use, master planned projects.
We provide project leadership enablement and collaborative embedded legal and commercial support to ensure our clients’ projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Some clients engage us for discrete parts of this process. Many partner with us for their entire project’s delivery.
Our experience spans all types of project delivery methods and cost models. We have worked seamlessly with some of the world’s leading project management and EPCM firms as members of our clients’ management teams.
Our team includes leading infrastructure, construction and procurement lawyers who advise project owners and major contractors and who prepare specialised contracts with appropriate risk allocations for the delivery of all types of major projects, including:
- Airport terminals and runways
- Sporting stadia
- Mine expansions and new mine developments
- Major equipment supply
- Dredging works
- Transport infrastructure
- Wind and solar farms
- Underground tunnelling and mine expansion
- Power stations
- Oil field services contracts
- Residential tower developments
- Major civil works
- Commercial developments
- Major house and land developments
- Mixed-use developments
Our team also includes some of the country’s most experienced major project dispute resolution lawyers who deal with project disputes requiring a formal response. They advise and resolve disputes in a strategic, best-for-project and effective way including, where necessary, via negotiation, mediation, adjudication, expert determination, litigation or arbitration.
We understand the ingredients to successful project delivery and provide support to our clients’ project leadership and management teams to see it achieved.