7Adrian is a Procurement and Contracts professional with over 14 years of tier one experience setting up and executing contracts and procurement functions across all stages of the major projects lifecycle for both project owners and major contractors.
Drawing on well over a decade of experience with some of the world’s largest procurers of construction works and services, and tier one contractor side experience, Adrian assists clients successfully setup project procurement and governance systems for project success, procure (end to end) major construction works, services and goods and then adeptly manage the performance of contractors and suppliers throughout the lifecycle of projects for on time, on budget project success.
He has provided strategic project delivery advice and implemented contracts and procurement project services in high performing teams across infrastructure, mining and oil & gas sectors for tier 1 contractors, EPCM’s and client-side owner organisations.
His extensive experience across multiple sectors and all levels of organisations has provided Adrian with unique knowledge and on the ground experience to develop and implement highly effective procurement and contracts functions on major projects that seamlessly interface across disciplines and with executive management and reporting, mitigating project risks whilst supporting safe delivery of projects, on time and under budget.
Adrian is renowned for delivering on stakeholders’ expectations, mitigating project risks and exceeding expectations on high value negotiations.
Through his experience and responsibilities across the full spectrum of project services functions, Adrian delivers a high degree of unique major project interdisciplinary understanding to successfully setup and then support the successful delivery of clients’ major projects safely, on time and to budget.
- Procurement and Contracts business functional systems development and implementation
- Project delivery strategy development and implementation
- Whole of lifecycle Procurement and Contracts management and support
- Pre and post award negotiations on complex packages and claims
- Project and procurement governance system design and implementation
- Claim forensics and dispute resolution
- Specialist Owner’s Team engagement providing strategic advice and tender support on project delivery models and procurement of subsequent EPCM and Integrate Owner’s Team consultants on a complex multi-billion dollar brownfields mining project.
- Project delivery strategy development and implementation and whole of lifecycle commercial support on a gas drilling and pilot plant project, resulting in approximately 35% budget underrun and on time completion.
- Procurement, Contracts and Document Control functional setup and team leadership on $800m QLD mining project.
Analysis, planning and implementation of high value / low cost country sourcing strategy on a $1bn+ mining expansion project (including innovation and technology investigations).
- Development of cross-functional project delivery process improvement.